January 24, 2023 – Arlington, Virginia
Today, Decision Lens, the developer of software modernizing how government prioritizes, plans, and funds, announced its 2022 highlights.
The year started and remained strong as the company found growing interest and reliance on Decision Lens’ multi-tenant SaaS solution across the Department of Defense, intelligence community, and federal civilian agencies. Highlights include:
- Closing the largest software license in company history for budget planning.
- Watershed first-time contracts with both Navy Financial Management and Comptroller office, which provides financial oversight across the Navy, and with Naval Supply Systems Command Headquarters’ comptroller office, also for budget planning.
- Expanding reliance by the US Army on Decision Lens for its annual allocation process for “test and evaluation” investment priorities used to support the annual POM submission.
- Securing a high-impact contract with Global Strike Command of the United States Air Force for modernization and sustainment investments across multiple strategic assets.
- Onboarding the United States Space Force as a new customer.
- Landing a $1.7M Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Phase II Tactical Funding Increase (TACFI) contract award for budget planning.
- Launching a new indirect channel through integration and services partners with multiple reseller agreements now in place.
The results led to unprecedented annual bookings growth and continued profitability. In addition to securing new customers, retention was incredibly strong. Gross retention rates across the federal government exceeded 90%, demonstrating continued belief and investment in Decision Lens.
According to John Saaty, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Decision Lens, “This past year, we have seen a significant shift towards integrated planning and automating what have traditionally been very manual planning processes. Leaders and financial managers across the federal government are realizing the importance of a proactive fiscal strategy. They come to Decision Lens to enable them to manage their planning data, engage the organization in analyzing future funding scenarios for better performance to mission, and then optimizing the allocation of resources to get the best bang for the buck. Usage of Decision Lens across existing customers has grown by 1000% in the past 18 months as organizations increasingly turned to the software for prioritizing unfunded requirements, formulating budgets, and running in-year scenarios to shift and reallocate for better performance and alignment to mission. We continue to see this momentum build in 2023.”
Success was not only limited to customer acquisition and retention. Increasingly, Decision Lens is seen as a cutting-edge solution to age-old planning and resource allocation problems. The company was awarded the “Army Technology Excellence Award”, was asked to brief the PPBE Reform Commission who is tasked with driving modernization of DoD planning and ended the year with the strongest pipeline in company history.
About Decision Lens
Decision Lens develops integrated planning software which modernizes how government prioritizes, plans, and funds. We have been transforming public sector planning since 2005, delivering the people, process and technology which empower agencies to effectively meet the needs of today while delivering the cutting-edge capabilities of tomorrow. Customers across the Department of Defense, intelligence community, federal civilian agencies and state and local government achieve a sustained operational advantage through superior long-term planning, continuous medium-term prioritization, and short-term funding execution.