Decision Lens is currently seeking an innovative Vice President of Contracting to play a pivotal role in driving business growth. In this position, you will partner with the deal owner to drive the contracting portion of the sales process to completion. You will utilize your expertise to effectively navigate the federal contracting process, including the identification and mitigation of potential contracting obstacles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary point of contact and the 'face' of contracting, both internally and externally, leading the implementation and attainment of contracting objectives and targets.
- Own the contracting portion of the sales cycle, including administrative support such as monitoring responses and drafting documentation (e.g., proposals, contract crosswalks, Statements of Work, ROMs).
- Collaborate with the sales and account management teams while also executing contracting activities autonomously.
- Actively participate in sales and renewal status meetings, scanning for potential contracting challenges while owning and reporting on the status of opportunities currently in contracting.
- Assess and propose innovative and/or alternative acquisition strategies to internal and external stakeholders, demonstrating critical thinking and sound business judgment.
- Evaluate and research Decision Lens' contracting environment to ensure the availability of the best contracting vehicles.
- Proactively identify opportunities to facilitate internal team development and improvement. Actively lead and engage in routine staff development activities to increase their understanding and implementation of appropriate contracting principles and practices, ensuring their ability to avoid pitfalls and guide prospects and customers appropriately.
- Understand and advise on contracting rules, procedures, practices, trends, and requirements to consistently ensure internal operations are successfully managed effectively.
- Create and maintain contracting processes, policies, and templates that support the overall expansion of our business.
- Ensure the maintenance of contract files, providing complete and accurate post-award documentation.
- Actively contribute to and establish a professional environment for responding to government market research, due diligence, proposal presentation, debriefs, and other similar acquisition milestones.
- Effectively and appropriately influence team members to ensure consistency of high-quality contracting documentation, effective monitoring of acquisition schedules, and completion of project milestones. Ensure responses to client requests are timely and focused on issue resolution, regulatory compliance, and review of all related matters, with follow-up as needed. Lessons learned and best practices are infused into internal processes.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field is required.
- Former Federal Contracting Officer strongly preferred.
- 10 years of experience in the federal government contracting industry, managing multiple contracts through pre- and post-award.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with federal government contract vehicles and related authorities such as SBIR/STTR, OTA, CSO, BAA, BPA, BOA, IDV, and GSA MAS/GWAC.
- Strong working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and DFARS/GSAM and related requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of federal acquisition and PPBE (Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution) processes, procedures, and regulations.
- Knowledge of current federal acquisition and innovation industry trends, including experience with federal contract documentation selection, generation, oversight, and management.
- Experience working in an IPT (Integrated Product Team) environment, utilizing strong cross-functional organizational and communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with peers, customers, executives, and stakeholders in a focused and detail-oriented fashion.
- Proven experience providing innovative acquisition solutions to meet stakeholder needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent critical thinking skills.
- Ability to travel when needed, estimated to be 10% or less.
Location: This is a remote position, occasional travel is required.
Apply: Send your resume to email@example.com
Decision Lens Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.